Are you currently having soft skills challenges in your life and work?
Do you want to develop your soft skills for success in life and work?
Do you want to learn more about the essential soft skills and how to apply these skills in your life and at work? This course is a practical action oriented course designed to give you the tools, tips and strategies to develop your soft skills for personal development and success in your life and at work, with over 100 practical tips & strategies.
This course aims to give you an insight into the essential soft skills and how you can use these, as well as to look at your own soft skills and identify the areas where you want to improve. The course will also give you a wealth of soft skills tools, tips and strategies to use for personal development and success in your life and at work. As you go through the course you will be able to apply the learnings and develop your own personalised soft skills plan.
The course is designed to be practical and relevant to real life. It includes lots of ideas, tips and strategies, straightforward explanations and lots of information for you to use as to how to develop and improve your soft skills. It is not a theoretical or academic course on soft skills. What are soft skills?
Soft skills are the personal qualities that help you thrive in life and in the workplace. They are the behavioural and interpersonal skills that relate to how effectively you interact with others and handle everyday life and specific situations.
These are quite different to hard skills which refer to the specific knowledge and abilities that you need to perform your job effectively or to complete a task. Hard skills are the measurable skills acquired through training, education and practise.
In a competitive labour market, prospective employees who demonstrate they have a good combination of hard and soft skills often see a greater demand for their services.
In this course, we cover a whole range of essential soft skills, including:
* Communication and relationships skills, including communication and building rapport, listening, asking questions, body language, emotional intelligence and relationships.
* Action skills, including goal setting, planning and taking action, productivity and effectiveness, decision making and problem solving, learning and development and asking for help and support.
* Self-management skills, including health and wellbeing, thinking, confidence and assertiveness and resilience.What are the course aims?
The course aims to provide you with:
* An insight into the essential soft skills and how you can use these.
* The opportunity to look at your own soft skills and identify the areas where you want to improve.
* A wealth of soft skills tools, tips and strategies to use for personal development and success in your life and at work.
* Your own personalised soft skills plan, that you will develop during the course. What is included in the course?
The course has the following sections:
* Introduction - including an introduction to the course and the tutor
* What are soft skills? - including looking at what soft skills actually are and how they can help you in life and at work. This section also includes a soft skills assessment, where you will complete an assignment to assess your current soft skills and identify areas that you want to improve on.
* Soft skills tips and strategies - including looking at the different essential soft skills and a range of soft skills tips and strategies. This section also includes an assignment to complete to understand the action you want to take to improve your soft skills.
* Your soft skills plan - throughout the course you will also have the chance to develop your own soft skills plan, including an assessment of your current soft skills and your action plan to improve your soft skills going forward.
*Course summary - including a short summary of the course.
We have also included introductions and summaries throughout the course to help with learning.
The course is in short bite sized lectures and you can see the detailed course content in the course curriculum. Developing your own personalised soft skills plan
There are assignments, including worksheets, to complete as you go through the course to develop your own personalised soft skills plan. These include an assessment of your current soft skills and developing your action plan to improve your soft skills going forward. You will need to allow additional time in addition to the duration of the videos to complete the worksheets. What will you learn?
By the end of the course, you will:
* Understand more about the essential soft skills and how they can help you in life and work.
* Know what your current level of soft skills are and the areas you want to improve on.
* Have an action plan in place for improving your soft skills.
* Have access to a range of soft skills tips and strategies to support you in developing your soft skills going forward. Important notes & more about the course
If you are already very knowledgeable about soft skills, this course may not be for you. Please check the curriculum carefully before signing up for the course.
You can watch the lectures at your convenience on your computer, tablet or smart phone. You can choose to complete the whole course or just watch the lectures that are most relevant to you, whichever you prefer. You can watch each lecture in full or just the elements you want to watch and you can stop a lecture at any point if you want to study the content in more detail.Good luck
Good luck with the course and I hope you find it invaluable.