Anxiety management for life: how to reduce & manage anxiety
Learn how to reduce & manage anxiety in life & at work, including over 50 practical anxiety management tips & strategies
Do you want to reduce your current anxiety?
Do you want to manage anxiety more effectively going forward?
Do you want an insight into anxiety, its impact, symptoms and causes?
This course is a practical action oriented course designed to give you the tools, tips and strategies to reduce your current anxiety and to enable you to manage anxiety more effectively going forward, including over 50 anxiety management tips and strategies.
This course aims to give you an insight into anxiety, its impact, symptoms and causes, as well as to give you practical steps to follow to reduce your current anxiety. The course will also give you a wealth of anxiety management tools, tips and strategies to help you to reduce your anxiety and more effectively manage your anxiety going forward. As you go through the course you will be able to apply the learnings and develop your own personalised anxiety plan.
The course is designed to be practical and relevant to real life. It includes lots of ideas, tips and strategies as to how to reduce and manage anxiety. The course takes a holistic view of anxiety management with anxiety management strategies for all areas of your life. It is not a theoretical or academic course on anxiety.
What is anxiety?
In this course we define anxiety as ‘Having regular or uncontrollable worries about many different things in your life, particularly about things that are about to happen or which you think may happen in the future’.
This is different to stress, which we cover in other courses, which we define as ‘The state that you experience when you perceive that you cannot adequately cope with the demands being made on you. You feel under pressure and don't have the physical and mental reserves to cope.’
Who is this course designed for?
The course is designed for you if you:
* Are currently finding it difficult to cope with high levels of anxiety in your life and at work, whether you are constantly feeling anxious, you are going through a particularly anxious period or your anxiety has been building up over time.
* Want to learn more about anxiety, how to manage anxiety positively in your life and practical anxiety management tips and strategies that you can easily build into your life.
Please note if you are currently feeling stressed or want support with stress management rather than with anxiety, then I would recommend that you take one of my stress management courses, rather than this one, as they will be more relevant to you.
What are the course aims?
The course aims to provide you with:
* An insight into anxiety, its impact, symptoms and causes.
* Practical steps to follow to reduce your current anxiety.
* A wealth of anxiety management tools, tips and strategies to help you to reduce your anxiety and more effectively manage your anxiety going forward.
* Your own personalised anxiety plan, that you will develop during the course.
What is included in the course?
The course has the following sections:
* Introduction - including an introduction to the course and the tutor.
* What is anxiety? - including a look at what is anxiety, including its symptoms and causes, and anxiety disorders.
* How to reduce & manage anxiety - including a process to use to reduce and manage anxiety and an opportunity to review your own anxiety and start to understand it better.
* Anxiety management tips and strategies - including a wide range of practical tools, tips and strategies (over 50 in total) to help you to reduce your anxiety and more effectively manage your anxiety going forward.
* Your anxiety management plan - throughout the course you will also have the chance to develop your own anxiety management plan, including looking at your own anxiety (including how it is manifesting, its causes and its impact on you) and anxiety management tips and strategies that you can use to reduce and manage your anxiety.
We have also included introductions and summaries throughout the course to help with learning.
The course is in short bite sized lectures and you can see the detailed course content in the course curriculum.
Developing your own personalised anxiety management plan
There are assignments, including worksheets to complete as you go through the course to develop your own personalised anxiety management plan. These include looking at your own anxiety (including how it is manifesting, its causes and its impact on you) and anxiety management tips and strategies that you can use to reduce and manage your anxiety. You will need to allow additional time in addition to the duration of the videos to complete the worksheets.
What will you learn?
By the end of the course, you will have a better understanding of anxiety in general and your own anxiety, have an action plan for reducing your anxiety levels and have anxiety management strategies in place to support you to manage anxiety positively going forward in your life and at work.
Important notes & more about the course
If you are already very knowledgeable about anxiety and anxiety management, this course may not be for you. Please check the curriculum carefully before signing up for the course.
You can watch the lectures at your convenience on your computer, tablet or smart phone. You can choose to complete the whole course or just watch the lectures that are most relevant to you, whichever you prefer. You can watch each lecture in full or just the elements you want to watch and you can stop a lecture at any point if you want to study the content in more detail.
Good luck with the course and I hope you find it invaluable.